Large Benchtop Vacuum Drying Oven
Cascade’s Model TVO-5 (also known as Model CVO-5) offers incredible temperature stability for vacuum drying and purging of pharmaceuticals, botanicals, slurries, or any temperature sensitive material. This vacuum oven liberates solvents, water, and other unwanted compounds. It’s ideal for small batch, R&D and laboratory environments.
Processing Temperature Sensitive Material? The TVO-5 comes in both low temp & high temp versions.
Be sure to get the low temp TVO-5 version that has excellent temperature uniformity for products such as pharmaceuticals, slurries or any product that can be damaged or destroyed by temperature fluctuations.
Low Temperature Processing Range: 26°F to 250°F (121°C)
Temperature Uniformity: +/- 1.5°F @ 105°F (40.5°C)
Temperature Stability: +/- 0.4°F @ 105°F(40.5°C)
High Temperature Processing Range: Up to 428°F / 220°C
Temperature Uniformity: +/- 6.5% of setpoint
At time of order we will verify the high / low temp version best suited to your requirements.
TVO-5 Vacuum Oven Features
- NRTL Certified by TUV
- 5 each adjustable shelves
- Stable temperature control. Digital temperature readout with temp sensor INSIDE the oven
- Solvent resistant BUNA door gasket
- Bright LED lights in window for visibility of sensitive material
- Touchscreen LED Control Panel with adjustable settings
- Smooth, quarter-turn vacuum and vent valves
- Energize vacuum pump from control panel
- Rear KF-25 port allows for rapid MAX EVAP purging or running feedthroughs inside oven for monitoring
- 120V or 220V power options are available
- Quality Tempered Rated Glass NGI-US to ANSI Z97.1.2007 156CFR/201 11 SGCC -2577 ½ UA
- Adjustable leveling feet insure your unit sits solid and level in the workspace
Need A Complete Vacuum Drying or Purge System?
Cascade has taken the guess work out of pairing the right vacuum oven with the proper pump. We offer complete TVO-5 vacuum oven packages that have everything you need to begin vacuum drying. Save money when purchasing as a complete package.
The TVO-5 STANDARD Package is an ideal benchtop set up for vacuum drying or purging temp sensitive material requiring a steady, gentle, non-turbulent purge. Includes a Welch 2052B-01, oil-free diaphram pump with PTFE interior heads, a filter inlet and connection hardware.
The TVO-5 PRO Package is ideal for higher thru-put, faster purge times pulling deeper vacuum. It includes an Agilent IDP7 oil-free scroll pump and Cascade’s MAX EVAP Connection Kit.
The TVO-5 DOUBLE UP is our most popular configuration. Two each ovens share a powerful Agilent IDP15 oil-free vacuum pump with our MAX EVAP Connection Kit. Allows for large thru-put, faster purge times and the ability to work in multiple, smaller batches.
The Cascade Difference
Vacuum ovens have been around for decades. Basic vacuum ovens are mass-produced and sold by many large laboratory equipment distributors. But there are key differences between Cascade and other less costly, often imported vacuum ovens
Exceptional Temperature Control & Stability
- The Cascade TVO-5 uses a unique control logic not found in most lab grade vacuum ovens. The temperature probe is INSIDE the oven, which minimizes temperature overshoot and delivers best-in-class temperature stability and uniformity particularly in the low temperature ranges. Accurate, stable temps throughout the TVO-5 eliminate hot and cold spots, making accurate use of every inch of shelf space.
Touchscreen LED Smart Controller
The TVO-5 controller is a flat panel touch screen with built-in, controls that minimze temperature overshoot. When the oven door is open, the controller will wait and not agressively call for heat to attempt to keep the oven interior stable. When the oven is being vented, the controller will pause as to not over-react and overshoot temperature during this temporary event
- Read Temperature in degrees Celcius or Fahrenheit
- Read Vacuum in Torr or Inches of Mercury
Energize Vacuum Pump From Oven Control Panel
Turn the vacuum pump off and on from the oven control panel. No more reaching around, behind, beside to turn the vacuum pump off an on. Vacuum pump plugs directly into the back of the oven’s auxillary outlet.
Independent Overtemp Failsafe Protection
The Cascade Sciences TVO-5 is equipped with a heating cutoff system that will automatically stop power to the heaters when the oven shelf temps exceed 392°F or 200°C. This protection system will provide peace of mind for overnight processing or unattended vacuum bake outs.
Log Temperature & Vacuum With Data Port
The TVO-5 features a rear mounted data port which outputs a digital log line once per minute. Viewing/logging this data requires terminal emulator software such as the open source (BSD License) emulator Tera Term.
NRTL Certification #U8 170464972 077. No Extra cost.
The TVO-5 Vacuum Oven comes certified by the Nationally Recognized Test Lab, TUV. This certification is a requirement by many municipalities and is often an extra charge on low cost ovens.
- CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-1:2012
- UPD No. 1:2015-07 + UPD No. 2:2016-04
- CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-2-010:2015
- UL 61010-1:2012/R:2016-04
- UL 61010-2-010:201
- EN 61010-1:2010
- EN 61010-2-010:201
Rigorous Quality Assurance in an ISO Certified, USA Manufacturing Facility
Cascade Sciences manufactures their ovens in Oregon, USA. They are proud of there ISO 9001 Certification/Accreditation. Each oven completes a series of quality assurance procedures before shipment.
- Chambers are vacuum tested after welding for vacuum integrity
- Electrical & mechanical safety is thoroughly tested in compliance with TUV requirements
- Functional testing verifies user settable items consistent with most lab protocols/usage models
- Temperature verification includes calibration & temp chamber uniformity following ASTM standards
- Units are cleaned and packed in ISTA tested, certified packaging materials
Equipped for Inert Gas Backfill. Built-In Safety Relief
- Introduce inert gasses such as nitrogen, argon, helium, etc. as part of your process via the ¼” rear vent barb. The maximum backfill pressure is 15PSI. In an overpressure situation, a simple, built-in safety relief allows gasses to escape via a spring loaded tempered window
- Flexible Pumping / Feedthru Connection Ports
The TVO-5 ovens offer two different vacuum oven connection points. The standard connection is a 3/8th dia barb located at the rear of the oven. It is connected to the vacuum valve level on the front control panel. For even faster evaporation, purging or drying consider upgrading to the MAX EVAP connection kit. The MAX EVAP connection kit secures to the oven’s rear 1” dia KF-25 port located on the back center of the chamber. The MAX EVAP connection never reduces flow by continuing with 1” diameter vacuum rated clear lines, a 1” dia KF-25 side mounted vacuum valve and KF-25 fittings and hardware. This KF-25 port can also be used to run temperature feedthrus, or monitoring sensors inside the vacuum chamber during processing.
Ergonomically Designed, Easy Quarter-Turn Valves
For anyone that has struggled with consistently turning the small, round, low-quality vacuum/vent valves, relief is in sight. You will love our large, quarter-turn vacuum/vent valves. Your wrists will thank you!
ANSI Rated Tempered Glass + USA Made Steel
Cascade ovens are made in Oregon, USA with high quality materials. There glass is NGI-USA Tempered and certified to ANSI Z97.1.2007 16CFR / 201 11. There door handles are rugged brushed steel, not plastic. There vacuum vessels are constructed with American made steel. They’ve tried lower cost, imported steel. But over time, vacuum chambers made of lesser quality/lower tolerance material cannot withstand the flex and pressure changes of vacuum pumping/venting/purging. This can deteriorate vacuum integrity and the oven will lose its ability to hold vacuum.
Door Gasket Options – Ideal For Your Process
Cascade’s vacuum ovens come standard with a solvent resistant BUNA door gasket. For higher temp applications, they offer a cured Silicone gasket as well. Ask us about the variety of door gaskets we can supply based on your application: Silicone, BUNA, Viton, Flourasilicone. Gaskets will eventually wear out. It’s ideal to keep a few spares on hand.